X-Digital is seeking a Front-End Web Developer with a passion for solving unique problems and overcoming challenges in their day-to-day work. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who want to learn & grow as developers.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of
design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX
design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- University/college graduate in a related field
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and/or SASS
- Proficient understanding of Shopify, and content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Interested parties should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
XXK Holdings Inc. is seeking an experienced Investment Analyst with a strong background in dealing with high-net-worth clientele in China in the fields of finance & investment. The candidate will be responsible for engaging with key clientele interested in expanding their corporate presence into Canada, particularly in the field of M&A.
• Assess investor’s needs & goals for expansion into Canada for the purposes of identifying suitable investment targets
• Collect necessary financial data from investment targets, including financial statements, reports, Articles of Incorporation, historical data and other relevant documentation
• Analyze collected data and prepare financial profiles & briefing notes of investment targets for investor clients, as well as collecting additional financial data, as required by the client
• Advise on viability of the investment target, as well as Canada as an ideal investment location
• Act as a liaison between the investment target and the client if either party requests a meeting with the other
• Liaise with the Marketing Department to create Chinese language marketing collateral to promote projects in a way fitting for Chinese clientele
• Identify opportunities to sell additional Canada market entry services to clients under the XK umbrella and liaise with other XK business units to ensure the client is well taken care of
• Building & maintaining long-term, profitable relationships with key clientele
• Maintaining ongoing contact with clients to ensure all needs are identified on an ongoing basis
• Demonstrated working proficiency in written & oral Mandarin Chinese, particularly in the areas of finance and investment
• Working proficiency in oral & written English
• Strategic & analytical thinker who values building long-term client relationships
• A Master’s degree in Finance or a related field
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance, investment analyst or related role
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency in all Microsoft applications
• Strong team member who works well independently and with others
• Positive, results-driven attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent position
Booksify is a digital bookkeeping & payroll services business. We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeping Team Leader with demonstrated proficiency & work experience using cloud-based bookkeeping & payroll software who is comfortable working directly with clients and has experience in overseeing a team of bookkeepers, providing project oversight and ongoing guidance and support.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform full-cycle Quickbooks Online bookkeeping including reconciliations, as well as producing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
· Compile & properly categorize day to day financial transactions and record transactions in accounting software
· Calculate, process, and manage end to end payroll with payroll software, including timely submission of pay stubs to clients, ROE's, time tracking, etc.
· Oversee client reimbursements ensuring that all receipts are submitted and correlate with reimbursement forms. Ensure reimbursements are paid out in a timely manner upon management's approval.
· Prepare and submit quarterly and annual GST/HST filings
· Maintain & prepare invoices/payment summary in QuickBooks Online
· Match up invoices/packing slips
· Prepare, process & record cheques
· Manage & maintain each company's cloud-based record filing system
· Prepare relevant documentation, including year-end corporate tax packages for tax accountants and auditors
· Review & reconcile invoices, bills, payroll remittances, reimbursement forms & associated receipts, bank reconciliations, expense reports and credit card statements in Quickbooks Online and report on these items to clients
· Ensure all payment amounts & records are accurate, resolve discrepancies directly with the client
· Produce client reports for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable on a regular basis
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually, and project-based financial reports
· Monthly client calls to review interim financial statements & answer any client questions
· Assist in the creation of writing text and video content to be used in promotional or educational materials for existing & prospective clientele
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, bookkeeping, or similar
· At least 2 years of experience working as a full-cycle bookkeeper in Canada
· Management experience of a bookkeeping team preferred. Candidate should expect that they will be the authority on the bookkeeping & payroll software and they will need to provide ongoing guidance & support to other colleagues
· Willingness to learn new types of financial-related software and apps to expand the range of services offered to clients
· Proven experience in all aspects and functions of QuickBooks Online (critical for success in the role), usage of payroll software, handling company reimbursements, providing excellent customer service and answering all customer inquiries in a timely manner
· Ability to effectively communicate with clients directly answering any questions and explaining reports and represent the accountant in a professional manner
· Experience in liaising with accountants, preparing & providing client year-end tax packages and answering questions from accountants
· Candidate must proactively stay updated on any changes in the industry from CRA or any other relevant body
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook
· Detail-oriented, punctual, organized, available to manage multiple deadlines
· Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team environment
· Proven ability to prioritize tasks and function effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with regular client calls and email correspondence to be expected
· Experience with Sage and Xero would be an asset
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent